Column #523 Solutions!
Thursday, September 9, 2016
It has been said solutions to the ADO’s woes have not been offered, that only unfair bashing occurs.
This is not so.
And it would seem that ADO president David Hascup, the guy many – at least I – had so much hope in initially has been co-opted by still-alive skeletons from the past.
For those who might be interested in the history and facts, I direct you here: Can the American Darts Organization be Saved?
Where are we more than two years later?
- Still no proper financial statement in almost 14 years;
- Still no re-instatement of charitable status by the IRS;
- Still no open elections;
- Still no by-laws that don’t ensure a self-perpetuating board;
- A closed west office, ostensibly to save money, but with the office manager now paid as a bookkeeper and a board member allegedly paid as well; and
- Virtually no marketing or transparent communication.
Is it any wonder, except for an inside few and some people who just don’t care to think about “negative” matters, questions continue to be asked?
Is it any wonder, except here and now, the words – the concepts – of legitimacy and respect are never found in the same sentence as the American Darts Organization?
The answer is an emphatic NO!
The players deserve better.
To sit around and continue to accept the unacceptable is, well, unacceptable.
From the Field,
Latest posts by Dartoid (see all)
- Column #641 – Dartoid’s World $50,000+ “Darts in Paradise” tournament – RESERVE YOUR EARLY BIRD STATUS! - November 25, 2023
- Column #640 UPDATE on Dartoid’s World $50,000+ “DARTS IN PARADISE” tournament - November 24, 2023
- Column #639 THANK YOU SO MUCH! - November 17, 2023